Writing: Information Report

I am learning to write an information report.

I'll know I can do this when I can plan and write an information reports with a title, topic sentence, and a group of facts about a subject.

Something I found hard was knowing how to finish it. Here is my report:


Whio

Classification
The whio is a bird and it is a blue duck. A blue duck is a herbivore. A blue duck is 54cm long  and has 2 legs.                                   

Description
Hatchlings have green backs when they are born. A male blue duck weights 1000g and a female weighs 800g. The hatchlings have their green beaks until they are a month old. A blue duck has 2 eyes, a beak and 2 ears.

Food and habitat
Blue ducks eat fruit, berries and insects. Bread is bad for ducks but peas are good for ducks. Blue ducks live in New Zealand. Usually you can find  blue duck in a wetland.
Behaviour
A whio usually hides under rocks and finds snails and crabs. Blue ducks are powerful swimmers. Blue ducks nest in hollow nests.

Conclusion

Blue ducks are a rare species of duck. The male sounds like an alarm call.

No comments:

Post a Comment